After using wax products, the problem often arises of how to remove traces of wax from a particular surface.
Various methods and means are used depending on the material. These can be preparations from the category of household chemicals, self-prepared formulations or non-chemical methods.
When choosing a technology, it is worth remembering the rules for removing wax and restrictions. How to remove wax (candle and depilatory) from various surfaces, we will tell you in the article.
- How can you remove the wax from the candle and the stains left by it?
- Removal of residues after depilation
- Features of cleaning different surfaces
- What shouldn't be done and why?
- Tips on the topic
How can you remove the wax from the candle and the stains left by it?
When burning a candle, drops of wax can fall on the surface of the table, floor, wall, clothing. Some materials are able to absorb wax lipids, leaving a greasy stain on them.
Therefore, the entire cleaning process consists of two stages:
- Removing the candle bead.
- Elimination of a greasy stain.
After that, they move on to the second stage. Depending on the quality of the material and the dimensions of the product, different techniques are used.
Handy tools for home use
Home methods for removing wax and paraffin are simple, affordable and cost-effective. The best anti-candle wax stains are:
- Hot steam... For this method, a household steamer, an iron with an appropriate function, or a container of boiling water is used. The contaminated area is kept over steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Warming up. Reception is based on the use of a hair dryer or iron. Cover the wax area on both sides with paper napkins and heat the inside out with an iron or hairdryer.
- Hot water... If dimensions permit, the product is placed under a stream of hot water so that the candle stain is at the bottom. An alternative would be a container of hot water into which the stained area is immersed.
- Talc, chalk, starch... The stain is abundantly covered with powder and covered with a napkin. A load is placed on top and kept for 1-1.5 hours. Then the surface is cleaned with a brush.
- Freezing. The product is placed in a plastic bag and placed in the freezer for 1-2 hours. An ice bag is applied to bulky objects. Then, using a plastic scraper or a coarse brush, remove the hardened particles.
- Ammonia, gasoline... A napkin is moistened in one of the liquids and cover the stain with it for a quarter of an hour. After such soaking, the area is additionally wiped.
To neutralize a greasy wax stain, a complex composition is suitable, including refined gasoline (50 ml), ethyl alcohol (10 ml) and ammonia (35 ml).
How to remove with special compounds?
Ready-made chemical preparations are suitable for those who do not trust household cleaning methods. Modern manufacturers offer different products for wax removal:
- Beauty image... The manufacturer is the Spanish company CEM.S.A. The composition contains perchlorethylene. The product is intended for cleaning all surfaces, except for leather and clothing. The drug is applied to a cotton pad and wipe the contaminated area with it. The price of a liter container is 1600 rubles.
- ItalWax... The spray is made by the Italian company of the same name. The product is recommended for cleaning wooden, metal, plastic surfaces. Cover difficult spots with a napkin soaked in lotion for a few minutes and then wipe off the wax. It is enough to wipe off small dirt immediately. The cost of a 500 ml bottle is about 800 rubles.
- Mellerud... The product of the German brand is designed to remove grease, dirt, wax. Suitable for ceramics, stone, PVC, plastic, metal. The liquid is sprayed onto the surface and left for a while. Then the solution is washed off with water. A liter bottle has a price tag of 440 rubles.
Removal of residues after depilation
After the cosmetic procedure, excess wax remains on the skin, which must be delicately removed.
If there are no professional lotions at hand, which are usually used by cosmetologists, you can use homemade recipes or publicly available store products.
The latter include "Post-depilation wipes". They are impregnated with oils and special wax dissolving agents.
Any vegetable or cosmetic oil helps to remove wax marks from the skin. To do this, a little oily substance is poured onto a cotton pad and wiped with problem areas. At the same time, the skin is not only cleansed of wax particles, but also receives additional nutrition.
Another convenient tool is a fat cream, for example, "Children's"... They cover the area with traces of wax and leave it for a short time. Then wipe the skin with a cloth. If the plaque cannot be removed 100% the first time, the procedure is repeated.
If wax gets on the fabric (clothes, sheet, towel) during depilation, it is recommended to use the dry heating method to remove it. The most suitable is to iron the stained area with an iron through several layers of paper towels.
He will tell you more about ways to remove wax from the skin of the face and body this publication.
Features of cleaning different surfaces
Thermal and chemical methods of purification have a certain degree of specificity... Before using the tool, it is worth assessing the appropriateness of its use for this material. The choice of method can also be influenced by the size of the product.
Suitable for removal:
- hot air.
If the item is fragile and not made of heat-resistant glass, heating should be done gradually.
A sponge soaked in hot water can be pressed against the surface of large glass objects. After that, the melted wax is removed with a napkin.
With wax melt
You can wash the container of the device in which the wax melted using different means. Most often used:
- alcohol wipes sold at the pharmacy;
- liquids in which the proportion of alcohol exceeds 40%;
- cosmetic oil used after depilation;
- any edible vegetable oil;
- hot steam followed by wiping dry.
The video will show you how to remove wax from the wax melter:
From a candlestick
The candle holder is cleaned based on its material. Candlesticks made of stone, silver or glass can be frozen and then removed with a dull knife or spoon. It is permissible to boil metal carved products and then wipe dry..
You can clean the plates, cups, spoons from the wax that has fallen on them by rubbing them with soda or heating them with hot air.
After heat treatment, the dishes are wiped with a dry cloth and then additionally washed in the usual way.
Traces on the wallpaper may remain due to careless handling of a candle or after children's art with wax crayons. The cleaning method depends on the quality of the wall covering.
If the wallpaper is washable, then the stains are covered with rubber glue.... After drying, the film is carefully removed along with the wax. Shaving foam or soda gruel is also suitable for washable wallpaper.
It is recommended to clean paper wallpapers with gasoline or a liquid designed to remove paint from the skin. Baby wet wipes have the same effect, but cleaning with them is a longer and more laborious process.
From wooden objects
To restore an aesthetic appearance to a wooden object, it is advisable to start cleaning while the wax is still liquid. It is washed with a paper or cloth napkin.
If the influx has time to harden, then it is carefully removed with a plastic or wooden spatula... The remaining thin film is first heated with warm air and then washed with a cloth.
From ceramic tiles
Wax that gets on the tile can be easily wiped off with alcohol or acetone. First, large drops are removed with a plastic spatula, and then wiped with a napkin dipped in one of these liquids.
The sofa or chair can be cleaned with a sponge dipped in warm alcohol / turpentine or soda gruel. After removing the wax, the upholstery area is treated with soapy water and wiped with a dry cloth.
If there are covers on upholstered furniture, they can be removed and cleaned using the "iron + paper" method... Fluffy materials (velor, velvet) are easy to spoil with a hot iron, so only alcohol or turpentine is suitable for them.
The wax layer is removed from the smooth surface of the cabinet or table with a rubber or plastic scraper. The remaining thin film is melted with hot air from a hair dryer and immediately wiped off with a napkin.
The video will tell you how to remove wax from furniture:
Off the floor
Removing wax from laminate, parquet or linoleum is identical to cleaning wood furniture... First, the excess wax is removed mechanically with a blunt spatula, and then the residues are melted with hot air.
Finally, wipe with a cloth. It is allowed to additionally walk over the area to be cleaned with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
Off the carpet
Floor products with a pile are freed from wax using a hair dryer, an iron, ice cubes in a bag, solvents (ammonia, ethyl alcohol). In any case, you must follow the instructions for use for this product.
After removing wax particles the area to be treated is additionally cleaned with a detergent diluted in water... Read more in this article.
Allow the wax to harden before cleaning. The liquid formulation penetrates even more between the fibers and increases the spot size.
Things from jeans or raincoat fabric are put in a bag and sent to the freezer... Cured wax comes off by simply rubbing the fabric.
If the influx remains on clothes made from delicate fabrics, then the stain is poured with liquid dish soap. The material is allowed to dry completely and then washed.
Learn how to remove wax from your clothes. here, from jeans - here, from the jacket - here.
The wax coating is removed from the stems of rose seedlings in various ways. It is important to remember that any mechanical removal should be carried out before bud break.
Gardeners recommend three ways:
- The roots of the seedling are dipped in water. The saturation of fabrics with water promotes the natural cracking of the wax.
- The protective film near the root is pry off with a sharp peg. Gently lead the tip along the stem, peeling off the wax.
- The seedling is placed in water and exposed to the sun. The stem is sprayed with warm water every half hour. The melted wax is removed by hand.
He will tell you more about ways to remove wax from rose seedlings this article.
Removal of artificial or natural wax is carried out by placing the apples in hot water. After heat treatment, the exfoliated coating is removed with a napkin.
Baking soda and lemon juice is also effective.... Fruit is rubbed with this mixture. Then they are poured over with warm water, and finally wiped dry. Read more here.
What shouldn't be done and why?
When removing wax, it is important to keep in mind some nuances that complicate cleaning or even increase the degree of contamination. Firstly, you can not deal with the removal of melted and not yet cooled wax from the fabric. The liquid formulation spreads easily and increases the area of the stain on the product.
Tips on the topic
The choice of methods and means for the destruction of wax and paraffin contamination is wide enough. In order for their application to bring a quick and positive effect, it is necessary to remember about the nuances of cleansing:
- Remove the wax stain while it is fresh. The old footprint is much more difficult to remove.
- At first, only the place of pollution is subjected to processing, and then the whole thing is washed.
- Test the new product in an inconspicuous area before starting cleaning.
- In the case of colored wax, first remove the wax build-up, and then the stain remover.
To remove wax from hard or soft surfaces, it is recommended to use ready-made chemical solutions or improvised products. The choice of cleaning method is determined by the quality of the material and the degree of contamination.
To achieve the desired effect and restore the product to its previous appearance, you must follow the instructions and remember about additional tips.