How and how to remove fresh and old traces of adhesive tape from plastic?
After using scotch tape, sticky marks remain on the plastic. If they are not immediately eliminated, they will attract dust to themselves and become dark.
Only fresh stains can be removed completely. The more time has passed since their formation, the more difficult they are derived.
How to remove scotch marks from plastic, how can you remove the remains of double-sided? Home remedies and household chemicals are used to remove scotch marks.
- What materials can I use?
- Household chemicals
- How to remove double-sided (double)?
- What cannot be used?
- General tips and tricks for work
- Useful video
What materials can I use?
If there are no special tools available, you can use the helpthat are available in every home. Simple methods without the use of household chemicals help to remove only fresh traces. The most popular ones are discussed below.
Use rubbing alcohol and an alcohol-based cleaner to clean the adhesive tape.
If a non-pure product is used, it should be ensured that it does not contain dyes and sugar. It is easier to erase the sticky mark with a high strength product.
The best option is medical alcohol:
- You should moisten a cotton swab with alcohol and treat the contaminated area with it.
- Wait about 5 minutes.
- Wipe with a damp cloth.
Alcohol is considered an effective bleach. Therefore, they are not advised to process colored plastic.
Laundry soap is the best option. Adhesive Stain Removal Instructions with plastic:
- for grinding, you need to grate the soap on a coarse grater;
- mix the resulting mass with water in a ratio of 1 to 2;
- moisten a rag in the resulting solution;
- wipe the stain thoroughly with a solution, rinse with clean water.
How to remove stains with an eraser?
Removing a sticky stain with a soft eraser is time consuming. In the course of work, the glue rolls off. The balls are easily blown off the surface.
It is undesirable to use an eraser if the room is warm... In this case, the softened scotch tape is smeared over the plastic.
It is not recommended to use the eraser on thin plastic items. Since this method involves the application of physical effort.
Use a silicone drill bit as a replacement for a stationery eraser... Cleansing is carried out at low speed. This method can damage the plastic surface. Therefore, it requires experience and accurate calculation of efforts.
A hair dryer will help get rid of stubborn dark spots. The contaminated surface is treated with a hot stream for 5 minutes. After the stain has warmed up, a soapy solution is applied to it. You can scrape off the remaining glue from the surface.
Nail polish remover
Nail polish remover is a corrosive solvent, capable of eliminating the remaining adhesive tape at the same time as the plastic layer.
Parts of the rag may remain on the surface to be treated. This method is used if there are old spots.
Before using it, it is better to test in an invisible area.:
- The nail polish remover is applied to the stain.
- The solution is allowed to react for 5 minutes.
- Wipe the treated area with a dry cloth.
If during the treatment the dark spot is not removed, physical effort should not be applied. Another method should be tried.
How to clean the surface with vinegar?
To remove residual adhesive tape use not acetic acid, but undiluted 9% vinegar:
- apply vinegar on a sponge;
- process the adhesive surface and leave for half an hour;
- wipe with a dry cloth;
- wash with soap and water.
If there is a risk of damaging the plastic surface by aggressive methods, you can use re-sticking the strip of tape:
- It is important to cut the exact size adhesive tape with the area to be cleaned.
- Stick the strip over.
- Press firmly, then tear off the strip sharply.
If done correctly, the dirt will remain on the tape. This method is only applicable in cool conditions..
If the room temperature is above 20 degrees, tape will lead to the formation of fresh stains.
Baking soda is an abrasive substance. This method is suitable for removing fresh stains.:
- baking soda should be diluted to a mushy state with hot water;
- apply the composition to the adhesive surface and leave for 10 minutes;
- wash off the substance with a damp cloth;
- wipe dry with a dry cloth.
Eliminates light contamination in dishwashing detergent with lemon additives... They not only give a fresh scent, but also help to better dissolve the adhesive:
- The dishwashing detergent is applied to the plastic surface.
- It is left for contact for 20-30 minutes.
- Wipe clean with a hard sponge.
- The traces of glue are removed with a dry cloth.
This method is only effective for fresh stains.
Vegetable oil will help to wipe off traces of scotch tape. For this purpose, you can use the following types of oils:
Vegetable oil will not harm the treated surface, will not damage, will not discolor plastic:
- Sponge the sticky area with a sponge.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe with a paper towel.
If everything has been tried, and the sticky spot is not removed, it is recommended to use household chemicals.It will help remove even stubborn stains.
You can purchase a special cleaner for cleaning sticky marks from plastic at your office supply store. It is able to remove even old stains and does not harm the surface.:
- the composition is applied to plastic;
- left for the time specified in the instructions to soften the adhesive;
- wiped with a rag.
The most commonly used tools include:
- ASTROhim, cost 158 rubles.
- Molecules - 380 rubles.
- Lecar - 260 rubles.
Antiskotch is sold in the form of an aerosol and a concentrated solution.
Compositions for cleaning windows
To obtain the desired result, use window cleaners based on alcohol or ammoniaother species will not be able to clean the plastic surface:
- the selected product is applied to the contaminated area;
- left for 5 minutes to soften the glue;
- washed off with soapy water.
It is recommended to carefully read the instructions before use. Window cleaners are available in a wide variety of hardware stores and are affordable.
Spray Wedge costs around 120 rubles, Yumita - 230 rubles, HG - 270 rubles, Mister Muscle - 130 rubles.
Cosmofen CL-300 is used to eliminate traces of adhesive tape on the plastic surface. This composition is used for white material:
- The product is applied to the contaminated surface.
- It is left for the time specified in the instructions to soften the glue.
- Wipe clean with a dry, lint-free cloth.
The product can be purchased at a hardware store. It costs about 500 rubles.
Melamine sponge is widely used for cleaning plastic. To remove traces of adhesive tape with it, it is recommended to use the following instruction:
- Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Wet a sponge with water, squeeze it out.
- Moisten the surface to be treated.
- Rub the stain thoroughly.
- Wipe the plastic surface with a damp cloth.
- Treat the area of application of the melamine sponge with a dry cloth.
Do not use melamine sponge with other detergents. Melamine sponges are sold in hardware stores, cost around 100 rubles.
Taygeta is a renowned stain remover that can remove stubborn glue marks. It does not have a pungent smell, does not leave stains behind:
- the product is applied to the adhesive surface;
- if the stain is fresh, the exposure time does not exceed 30 seconds. To remove old stains, the solution is applied for 3 minutes;
- remove contamination with a dry cloth.
How to remove double-sided (double)?
Double-sided tape is more difficult to remove ordinary adhesive tape. It is recommended to heat treatment before cleaning to soften the adhesive layer.
Be careful when removing double-sided tape. You can use heating with an iron or hairdryer.
If it is decided to heat with an iron, the manipulation is carried out through the backing. The iron must be in steaming mode.
It cannot be laid on the surface, only steam affects the adhesive spot:
- the surface is heated in the selected way;
- the stain is cleaned with a rubber spatula or a blunt knife;
- the remnants of glue are erased with a napkin.
If uncleaned strips of glue remain, it is recommended to use household chemicals.
For your information, if you have a steam generator at home, you can use it to thermally remove sticky dirt from plastic.
Citrus-based essential oils remove only fresh dirt:
- The napkin is treated with essential oil.
- The composition is applied to the stain, left for contact for half an hour.
- The traces of the adhesive tape are wiped off with a dry cloth.
Gasoline for lighters
It is best to use lighter gasoline to remove tape stains as it is less aggressive. The tool fights well against old dirt:
- rags are wetted in gasoline;
- the contaminated surface is treated with gasoline;
- left for contact for 5 minutes;
- washed thoroughly with soapy water;
- the treated area is wiped with a dry cloth.
Lighter gasoline should be applied pointwise. This will prevent damage to the top plastic layer.
This procedure should be carried out in a well-ventilated area.... This method is used only for resistant to aggressive plastic.
What cannot be used?
It is not recommended to clean plastic from adhesive tape with highly aggressive substances. They can ruin the top layer of the surface.
You should not choose products with a strong pungent odor.... Since it easily penetrates the layers of plastic, it subsequently wears out for a long time.
General tips and tricks for work
Experts give simple tips to help remove plastic from adhesive tape:
- It is easier to remove fresh scotch tape. For this purpose, you can use non-aggressive means that are available at home.
- Before using chemicals, check their reaction in an inconspicuous area.
- When using chemicals, it is important to protect your hands with gloves.
- Do not use chemicals often. Otherwise, the surface will lose its original color.
- For cleaning stains with detergents, it is better to choose formulations with citrus ingredients. They improve the breakdown of the adhesive base.
- You can use an old plastic card to scrape off glue marks.
How to erase traces of adhesive tape from plastic, the video will tell you:
In order not to have to "rack your brains" in the future, than to clean the plastic surface, it is better to use adhesive tapes that do not leave traces. The easiest way to clean up a fresh trail of tape is. This does not require the use of serious chemicals.
Only fresh stains are removed with home remedies... To eliminate old dirty marks, you will have to use household chemicals.