Even for ideal housewives, sooner or later, a pan burns out on the stove, an iron that is not turned off burns a hole in a favorite dress, household appliances fail and ignite spontaneously.
As a result, a burning smell appears in the apartment, which instantly spreads and penetrates everywhere. It is pungent, unpleasant and toxic. The hostess's task is to quickly rid the house of an uninvited guest.
How to get rid of the burning smell in an apartment from a microwave, after food burned in a pan, a fire, we will tell in the article.
- How can the odor be removed from the room?
- How to quickly eliminate an unpleasant odor with improvised means?
- How to get rid of with industrial compounds?
- What is not recommended?
- Professional advice
How can you remove the smell from the room?
The smell of burning occurs due to the saturation of the air with products of incomplete combustion of organic substances, which are harmful to the human body and can cause poisoning.
Bringing in fresh air will help remove smoke and reduce odors.
Algorithm of actions:
- Create a strong draft. Open windows and doors as wide as possible so that the flow circulates freely.
- Remove the cause of the smell, then the flow of combustion products will stop. If the item is small, it can be packed in a bag and sent to the trash bin.
- Increase the air flow. Additionally, turn on the hood; a fan can be placed in the doorway. This will prevent smoke and fumes from entering other rooms and will increase the rate at which the pungent odor is removed.
If we are talking about a large-scale fire, air inflow is contraindicated. Oxygen supports the combustion process, so open windows can exacerbate the problem and lead to a serious fire. Airing will remove smoke from the room, but the smell of burning will remain partially.
If fresh air hasn't coped with the problem, it's time to move on to increasing the humidity in the room. Liquid, especially warm, absorbs odors well, therefore it is necessary:
- open hot water taps;
- wet pieces of cloth (the material should absorb moisture well) or towels and hang them everywhere;
- collect water in wide containers (preferably pots), arrange them;
- put a large saucepan on the stove and prepare a decoction of herbs and spices - the spicy aroma will help neutralize the unpleasant odor.
If, after all the manipulations, the problem has not been eliminated, it is necessary to move on to more effective methods.
Corrosive smoke can penetrate deep into surfaces and should be treated as soon as possible.
- Textile items (pillows, blankets, curtains, carpets) must be taken out and hung in the fresh air for ventilation.
- Get rid of burnt-out items that cannot be restored.
- Spray hard surfaces with a weak vinegar solution and wipe with a damp cloth.
If the fire was strong, the help of the cleaning company employees or the repair of the premises may be needed to finally eliminate the burning smell.
How to quickly eliminate an unpleasant odor with improvised means?
When there is no time to run to the store for specialized solutions, budget funds that can be found in every home will come to the rescue.
How to clean with table vinegar?
Universal 9% solution, capable of effectively removing dirt and odors.
Mode of application:
- close windows and doors;
- mix 3 liters of cold water and 1 bottle of vinegar (1 liter) in a saucepan;
- put on the stove, bring to a boil and reduce the temperature;
- leave the liquid on low heat for 2 hours;
- Pour the contents of the pan, ventilate the room.
Excellent absorbent that absorbs all foreign odors. In case of mild smoke, you can pour the product into small containers and place it indoors. For difficult cases, firefighters recommend adding ammonia to the soda and leaving it in closed rooms and kitchens for 48 hours.
- Pour 10-20 g of soda into a container with a narrow neck.
- Add 20 ml of ammonia.
- Add hydrochloric acid in small doses (5 ml each).
- The reaction produces ammonium chloride (white smoke), which will effectively remove the burning smell.
- Ventilate the room.
When using reagents, safety precautions should be followed to avoid contact with eyes, skin and mucous membranes.
Salt crystals have long been used for cleaning premises. It is effective in dry form; it is used as baking soda. For persistent acrid smoke, prepare a solution.
- in 1 liter of cold water add 10 tbsp. l salt, stir until the crystals are completely dissolved;
- the concentrated solution is left in the affected room for 12 hours (preferably overnight);
- the cloudy liquid is poured out; ventilation is not required after the procedure.
The brine will effectively absorb the stench and will not leave behind a pungent odor.
Oranges, lemons are natural flavors, they are used in several ways.
Mode of application:
- Pour water into the damaged container and boil.
- Cut the fruit into thin slices, add to the saucepan.
- Boil for 10-5 minutes over low heat.
The container will acquire a pleasant aroma and be cleaned at the same time. You can also cut citrus into slices, put on saucers and place them indoors.
The absorbent product absorbs odors like salt and soda.How to apply:
- Grind 20 tablets into powder;
- spread out in containers, place in the corners of the room;
- replace powder every 14 days.
If the room is large, the amount of activated carbon can be increased. The product is absolutely harmless to the human body.
How to get rid of with industrial compounds?
Manufacturers of household chemicals have developed special fluids to combat the smell of burning indoors. Most Popular:
SmellOFF Universal Spray
Does not require rinsing and effectively removes all types of unpleasant odors. Works on all surfaces:
It is enough to spray the liquid and wait until it dries.
Multi-purpose spray... It neutralizes odor without harm to humans and animals, does not cause allergies. It is necessary to apply to the surface, leave overnight, be sure to ventilate the room in the morning. Price for 500 ml - from 800 rubles.
HG fluid with spray
A product based on natural active ingredients copes with persistent "aromas" without harm to households. Apply directly to the source of the unpleasant odor. The cost of 500 ml is from 360 rubles.
Industrial sprays are economical and convenient to use, allowing you to achieve 100% results from the first application. Even before using a substance with a natural composition, it is necessary to study the manufacturer's instructions.
What is not recommended?
An important point is the removal of a source that fills the room with corrosive smoke. This must be done carefully, in compliance with safety rules.
It is strictly forbidden:
- Put out burning pans and pans with water, cover with a wet rag or clean by hand. This can cause severe burns. It is necessary to turn off the stove, put on gloves to protect the skin and cover the container with a metal lid or baking sheet.
- Fill up ignition source with unsuitable products. Soda, salt, earth will stop the burning process, flour, on the contrary, will intensify it.
- Pour water over burning household appliances. The device must first be disconnected from the mains. A small local fire is preferable to extinguish with a blanket to block the access of oxygen.
- Pour water onto a de-energized TV while standing in front of the kinescope. The glass will burst from the temperature drop, fragments can cause serious injury.
If a strong fire is the cause of the smell, the proposed methods may be ineffective. In this case, you will need special equipment:
- ozone generators that quickly eliminate combustion products, bacteria and germs;
- dry fog, transform a special liquid into microscopic particles, which push molecules of caustic burning from the surfaces.
- hydroxyl ions for air purification from toxic and volatile compounds.
Working with devices requires compliance with safety measures and further ventilation of the room. If the apartment needs cleaning with generators after strong smoke or fire, it is better to turn to professionals. The employees of the cleaning company will quickly eliminate the pungent odor and clean the surfaces of soot and grime.
You can learn how to remove the burning smell in the house after a fire from this articles, from the microwave - from this, from food burnt in a pan - here.
Getting rid of the smell of burning indoors is not an easy task... The entire arsenal of home remedies and special household chemicals can be used, but not give the desired result. Often the inattention of the hostess leads to additional costs: unforeseen repairs or the call of professional cleaners.
To prevent this from happening, you should not leave pots and kettles unattended on the fire, and household appliances without timely repair. It must be remembered that any fire can develop into a large-scale fire and irreparable losses.