Ways and means, how and how to clean the palace at home quickly and efficiently
Cleaning the carpet is not so difficult if you choose the right products and get ready for work. You should have at hand: brush, rubber gloves, container and clean water.
The choice of funds depends on the budget, personal preference and the degree of pollution. These can be improvised substances and household chemicals.
How and what to clean the palace at home quickly and efficiently? We will discuss everything in order below in the article.
Improvised means not worse than purchased ones, but it is better to use them if the carpet is not very dirty.
Before cleaning, you need to prepare the surface:
- If it is not possible to take the coating outside, then it should first be vacuumed or swept out from both sides.
- The front side can be knocked out like this: lay a damp cloth and walk over it with a clapper. This will collect dust from the pile and deep layers. It's also a good idea to knock out the wrong side if you wish.
- Apply a cleaner or solution to stains to soak them and make them easier to remove.
After preparation, they begin to work. Hands must be protected with gloves so that the product does not corrode the skin and calluses do not come out.
Vinegar and soda
Vinegar with soda refreshes color, removes unpleasant odor, grease and some stains.
- diluted with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and soda in a liter of water;
- for the best effect, you can add dishwashing liquid;
- the brush is moistened in the composition and cleaned, periodically removing dirt and hair from it.
Gentle cleansing, refreshing color. Salt is used in two ways:
- Saline solution... Dilute 1 tbsp. l. salt per liter of water. The composition is applied with a brush or sprayed with a spray bottle, broom. After drying, vacuum clean.
- Dry salt... Spread it over the carpet surface, sweep it with a damp broom or brush. The remains are collected with a vacuum cleaner.
Washing powder removes grease stains well, refreshes the color. But the product after it must be washed with water, otherwise the pile will become sticky and unpleasant to the touch. Another option is to use a mild soapy solution, but that makes the stains more difficult to remove.
In general, the procedure looks like this:
- Add 1-2 tbsp. l.powder per liter of warm water.
- Stir well to completely dissolve the grains. This is especially true for powder with colored inclusions. Blue, red particles leave stains, sometimes difficult to remove.
- Using a sponge, beat the solution into a lather.
- Apply the foam to the carpet with a sponge or brush with cleaning movements. Rub the stains.
- After 30 minutes, walk on the carpet with a damp broom, brush or sponge soaked in clean water. After drying, vacuum clean.
Hang on a pipe, a fence with smooth edges until it dries completely (you can clean it there). Small and soft non-adhesive rugs are easy to machine wash.
Use in solution, dry or wet. Process soda cleaning similar to the previous ones.
There is also such an option:
- spread wet soda over the carpet;
- after half an hour, collect with a brush or vacuum cleaner;
- repeat the procedure if necessary.
The solution is prepared as follows: add 1 tbsp to a liter of water. l. spoonful of ammonia and detergent. For instance:
- dish detergent.
The principle of cleaning, as with other solutions.
Snow cleaning refreshes and removes dust well, but does not remove stubborn dirt... In winter, take the carpet out into the street, throw snow on it and sweep it well. Then knock out from both sides.
Brush until the snow stops darkening. Bring the canvas home, dry it. To speed up the process, you can use a fan or a wind blower heater.
The snow must be dry, not wet, otherwise the carpet will get wet and it will be difficult to dry it... Then an unpleasant musty smell or mold will appear.
In dry frosts, you can leave the carpet outside overnight to get rid of dust mites.
It is believed that it is faster and more efficient to clean carpets with special products. They include stain removers, as well as:
- other components.
In addition, household chemicals often do not require rinsing.
Carpet shampoo 5+
One of the best among domestic budget funds. The average price is 160 rubles per liter. The shampoo contains no fragrances and chlorine, it is hypoallergenic and safe for health.
- copes with old pollution;
- refreshes paints;
- eliminates unpleasant odors;
- removes almost any stains;
- removes static electricity.
The shampoo is used diluted and concentrated. Suitable for washing vacuum cleaners.
A budget cleaner of domestic production. VOX drop:
- Eliminates stubborn dirt.
- Removes tough stains.
- Gives a pleasant aroma.
- Softens the pile.
- Does not require rinsing.
The concentrate is used in a diluted form. Foamed and coated. The cost for a 500 ml bottle is a little more than 100 rubles.
Popular shampoo for hand washing carpets. Manufactured in Poland. The average price is 300 rubles for 450 ml.
Advantages of the tool:
- economical consumption (1: 9);
- removal of fresh stains and dirt, unpleasant odors;
- refreshing color;
- safety and hypoallergenicity.
Vanish is foamed after being added to water, applied to the coating with a brush or sponge. After drying, the carpet is vacuum cleaned.
Features of cleaning without removing from the floor
The only rule that must be strictly followed when cleaning carpet on the floor is don't get too wet... Since normal drying is impossible in such a situation, the carpet will easily begin to smell of dampness or mold from the wrong side.
The room must be well ventilated.In winter, you can additionally turn on the heater.
Light and dark
White carpets get dirty quickly and are more difficult to remove, so they need to be cleaned regularly. Chlorine, hydrogen peroxide bleach well... It is better to choose products with optical brighteners from household chemicals.
Front cleaning the white carpet all stains must be removed. You cannot remove them with pure bleach or peroxide. The stain will lighten, but will not disappear and cannot be removed by other means. And if it does, then this area will differ from the entire canvas.
Dark carpets are not so whimsical in terms of stains, but stains may remain on them. If it is not possible to remove them from the floor, then it is better to use mild soap solutions for cleaning... Or, after the procedure, walk again with a broom or a brush, moistening them in clean water.
How to choose a brush?
A regular clothing brush with synthetic bristles is suitable for cleaning carpets. For convenience, you can buy a device with a long handle.
It is more convenient to clean carpets with a brush without a handle - this will eliminate the appearance of calluses on the front side of the fingers. Sponges do not clean well, but are ideal for whipping and lathering.
How to remove odors?
When cleaning the carpet with any detergent, most unpleasant odors are removed.
The most persistent fragrances remain from:
- cigarette ash;
- animal excrement.
To prevent the carpet from being soaked at all, it should be cleaned as soon as a "dirty deal" is noticed.
From home remedies fight off persistent odors well vinegar, ammonia... From household chemicals - washing powder and products with a strong aroma.
It is very difficult to eliminate the smell of dampness from the flooring at home, if it is not possible to remove it from the floor. After all, if it did not dry out the last time, then it is unlikely that it will happen next. In order not to suffer, it is better to order a dry cleaning of carpets at home.
Tips and bans
There is nothing difficult in cleaning the carpet, but if you follow simple recommendations, then the work will speed up and become even easier:
- Check unfamiliar products in an inconspicuous area.
- Remove stains while they are fresh.
- Carry out wet cleaning regularly - once a week or a month.
- If possible, do not walk on the surface in slippers.
How to clean the carpet with soda, vinegar and dishwashing detergent, the video will tell:
If you learn to clean the carpets at regular intervals, then even a large coating will take no more than an hour (on average 20-30 minutes). Permanent care will preserve colors, softness of the pile, and extend the service life.